| AFTRA |
Reporter III, Host II – Silicon Valley News Desk
The Silicon Valley News Desk Reporter is responsible for researching, reporting, and producing news and feature stories from the South Bay region (Santa Clara County, southern Alameda County and southern San Mateo County) for KQED’s news programs, including The California Report (TCR) statewide radio news service and web site (www.californiareport.org), KQED News newscasts and KQEDNews.org. The editorial work of the Reporter includes coverage of major daily news as well as production of in-depth news features, interviews and debriefs.
Under the supervision of the Senior Editor, the Reporter develops an editorial agenda and long-range plan for reporting on issues of significance for the South Bay region, including government and politics, technology and innovation, immigrant and ethnic communities, economics and business, education, and arts and culture.
The Silicon Valley News Desk Reporter also participates in special radio, online and television series, projects and productions.
1. Researches, writes and reports stories from the studio and in the field for radio broadcast and other digital distribution technologies.
2. Produces and delivers variety of editorial content- audio, scripts, text stories, blog posts, photographs, video, databases and other content- for radio broadcast, web, mobile and social media platforms.
3. Monitors news developments in the South Bay and recommends through the Silicon Valley News Desk Senior Editor coverage strategies and daily assignments for and by the news desk, TCR, KQEDNews.org, and other news units.
1) Logs, edits and dubs sound for story production as necessary.
2) Conducts live on-air and live to-tape news source interviews and reporter debriefings.
Other Job Functions:
1. Appears on KQED news and public affairs broadcast programs (radio and television) as a journalist panelist or guest.
2. Hosts and anchors KQED news or public affairs programs, as assigned.
3. Assists in the supervision of any Silicon Valley News Desk intern program.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.