| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
About Memorial Sloan Kettering
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Development is seeking a Senior Writer/Editor to join their dynamic team.
Reporting to the Director of Development Communications, the Senior Writer/Editor will play a key role in communicating MSK’s unique mission and achievements to donors and donor prospects through diverse channels. This is an exciting time to join our team, which is rapidly innovating and expanding our communications strategy. The writer/editor will work with faculty, staff, freelancers, and donors to communicate impactful messages in Development publications, proposals, letters, talking points, briefings, e-newsletters, email blasts, and web copy.
As the Senior Writer/Editor, you will:
- Write and edit diverse marketing and promotional communications that differentiate MSK as the world leader in cancer care and research. Shepherd content through appropriate review process in a professional and timely fashion.
- Craft messages for donors and potential donors at every stage of the philanthropy experience: cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation.
- Actively engage in all aspects of the writing process with close attention to detail—including research, writing, and editing.
- Translate complex scientific and medical information into clear, vibrant lay language.
- Prepare proposals and stewardship reports on scientific research and medical care; descriptions of giving opportunities; and other fundraising-related correspondence.
- Prepare materials for internal review including briefing documents, business plans, operating plans, and other documents as requested.
- Create digital communications campaigns to promote corporate partners and events. In collaboration with web group, uses analytics to monitor success of digital campaigns.
- Plan, write, and edit marketing emails and landing pages. Use SEO to help drive traffic.
- A talented writer/editor who can pivot effectively between different projects, voices, and channels without losing track of accuracy—and should be as comfortable filling a blank page as editing someone else’s draft.
- Skilled at combining a strong sense of discretion and mature judgment with superb organizational ability and emotional intelligence.
- Eager to work within a cohesive team environment (100% onsite).
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of related professional experience.
- An understanding of scientific and medical concepts, and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and compelling lay language is required.
- Comfort with SEO and Google Analytics is preferred.
- Past experience working in an academic medical center and with research faculty and clinicians is a plus.
***Please upload your cover letter, resume, and writing samples into a single PDF.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.