| The Role: |
Responsible for proofreading reports, written and/or edited by multiple parties. The copy editor will address flaws on a very grammatical level to make sure the final published report reads smoothly and is formatted consistently, according to Moody's standards.
- Proofread for spelling, word usage, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Ensure that Moody's house style is followed and formatting is correct (exhibits, headings and headlines, etc.)
- Identify documents in need of additional work around content or logic and elevate to Analyst and Financial Writer
- Help analysts to understand editorial changes and apply them to future works to improve analysts' writing skills
MIS Ratings and Research (R&R) is focused on the development of rating opinions and research, content and outreach, and the delivery of our services to issuers and investors MIS Research is focused on production of research content and operations.
- 1-3 years of proofreading experience at an online or print publication, or corporation
- Bachelor's degree in English, writing, journalism, communications or other related fields. Expertise in grammatical English language is essential.
- Financial editing skills preferred
- Experience with Method is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Works well independently under pressure in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Broad understanding of capital markets, finance and credit.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Self-starter and able to adapt to change quickly and multi task; able to meet tight deadlines.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively edit clear, concise copy for publications.
- Strong attention to detail.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.