The BusinessJoin us as a Risk Reporting Editor in Edinburgh
- This is a fantastic opportunity to take to join our award winning editorial team, and have a significant impact on the quality of our risk reporting
- You'll enjoy a collaborative and cohesive working environment while gaining valuable exposure across the bank
- For an editor looking to develop their financial knowledge, this is a chance to enhance your communication and editorial skills while building a strong network of contacts
What you'll do
Working closely with a small, dynamic team, you'll be responsible for the risk sections of the bank's annual report and accounts. Leaving no room for error, you'll meticulously review the documentation to deliver an informative disclosure on the bank's risk position. Your team will also be responsible for the delivery of risk reports for the Board Risk Committee, and you'll be required to liaise and influence stakeholders at a senior level. You'll succeed in this role by:
- Driving continuous improvement throughout your team, designing and developing new reports as well as identifying areas for improvements in those we already have in place
- Making sure all materials produced by your team are of high quality and appropriate for the intended audiences and channels
- Building the capability of the team to produce impactful, relevant content
- Adopting a structured approach to ensure the team follow the correct reporting process, and deliver within a predetermined time frame
The skills you'll need
With a strong editorial background, you'll either have experience in a financial environment or the eagerness to move into this area with the drive and enthusiasm to learn. You'll work well as part of a team but be equally as productive working on your own initiative. With excellent people skills, you'll be a strong communicator, able to build effective stakeholder relationships, and to influence and challenge where necessary. We'll also expect:
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and manage a number of conflicting and frequently changing priorities
- Keen attention to detail and sound copy writing skills
- A real interest in risk
- A continuous improvement approach all elements of your work
What else you need to know
You'll need to work from home at least one day a week in this role. We'll also accept applications from those wishing to work on a part time basis.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our http://jobs.rbs.com/pages/reward-and-benefits reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - http://jobs.rbs.com/pages/flexible-working find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.