News Media Alliance has enhanced Newspaper CareerBank services for jobseekers.
Resume Builder and Professional Profile tools have been improved to make it easier to make your resume and a professional profile available to employers searching the resume
database to fill active positions.
Confidential job alert service allows you to be in control, set up your preferences, provide an email address, and all future postings that match will be forwarded to you.
YOU decide if and how to respond.
The Daily News Editor supervises and manages WUNC’s team of daily news reporters and producers. S/he assigns and edits daily news stories. These include interviews, spots, and quick-turn features. The Daily News Editor is part of the news leadership team and works with the News Director in setting the agenda for WUNC’s news service to listeners and readers. S/he will also be called in to assist in managing breaking news coverage. The position includes working closely with the station’s anchor/hosts who report to the Program Director. The Daily News Editor reports to WUNC’s News Director.
· A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communication, public policy, or related field.
· Master’s degree or comparable combination of education and experience preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
· The Daily News Editor will be an experienced broadcast producer and a proven news leader with strong management, production, editorial, and communication skills.
· At least two years of management and supervisory experience preferred.
· At least five years of experience as a journalist and/or radio producer, with increasing responsibility in each successive position.
· Experience at a listener-supported public radio station or network preferred.
· Experience with public radio or related not-for-profit fundraising preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators.
· Demonstrated ability to manage colleagues effectively and collaboratively.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Creativity and initiative.
· A familiarity with North Carolina’s issues preferred.
Interested applicants must apply at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/199193 . Candidates should be prepared to submit CV/Resume and cover letter. Please include links to your work using “Other Document”, “Other Document 2”, and “Other Document 3”. The deadline to apply is October 22, 2021.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and WUNC Public Radio is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
WUNC provides high-quality news, cultural and entertainment content to create a more informed and engaged community. Find North Carolina Public Radio on terrestrial radio at 91.5 FM in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Durham area; at 88.9 FM from Manteo, serving the North East outer banks and coastal communities; at 91.9 from Fayetteville; at 91.1 just south of Winston-Salem in the Welcome, NC, area; and, at 90.9 FM from Rocky Mount. The station also streams 24/7 online.