- Resume Builder and Professional Profile tools have been improved to make it easier to make your resume and a professional profile available to employers searching the resume database to fill active positions.
- Confidential job alert service allows you to be in control, set up your preferences, provide an email address, and all future postings that match will be forwarded to you. YOU decide if and how to respond.
Newport News, Virginia
Providence, Rhode Island
New York, New York
London, United Kingdom
The Boston University Department of Journalism, the largest in New England, is a comprehensive program that offers instruction in all media platforms. The department and the university are committed to fostering a diverse university community within a supportive and respectful environment. We believe that the diversity of our faculty, students, and staff is essential to our success as a leading research university and is an integral component of institutional excellence. We expect applicants to embrace principles of diversity and equity in their teaching, mentoring, and professional product.
Successful candidates for these positions must have experience in a complex media organization as well as strong experience in and an abiding commitment to promoting an inclusive and diverse educational environment. The colleagues we seek should have expertise in:
- Multimedia Journalism
- Audio Journalism / Podcasting
A successful candidate should have the following:
- A distinguished career as a journalist, including a record of sustained excellence.
- Expertise in areas such as science, business, public policy, sports and society, social issues, etc.
- Qualifications appropriate for an appointment as an associate professor of the practice at Boston University. See link here.
- Experience in an academic community, including teaching and creative endeavors in nonfiction storytelling or scholarly research.
- A master's degree is preferred; a doctorate is desirable but not required
- Ability to teach skills courses in text and visual journalism as well as specialty courses in the subject areas outlined above.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in promoting diversity and inclusion in an organization.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Applications should include a letter of interest including a statement of teaching philosophy as well as your vision of where journalism is going in the next 10 years and how our program can best prepare future journalists.
A CV and the names of three references whom may be contacted are required.
Applications may be sent by email with attachments in a Word or PDF file format, to:
College of Communication,
640 Commonwealth Ave.,
Boston, MA 02215.
All inquiries will be confidential. Review of materials will begin Oct. 15, 2022 and continue until the positions are filled.
Established in 1947, the College of Communication (COM) at Boston University is a large college with departments specializing in Film and Television, Journalism, Mass Communication, Advertising and Public Relations. COM's student population exceeds 2000 students annually, including undergraduate and Master's level students. The college integrates a strong liberal arts core with a heavy focus on preparing students for careers as communication professionals. Our faculty is a blend of traditional academicians and widely experienced professionals. Located in the "hub of education" and a major media market, Boston University's College of Communication offers prospective faculty members a wealth of opportunities for collaborative efforts in academic and professional spheres.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.