News/Media Alliance has enhanced News and Magazine Media CareerBank services for jobseekers.
Resume Builder and Professional Profile tools have been improved to make it easier to make your resume and a professional profile available to employers searching the resume
database to fill active positions.
Confidential job alert service allows you to be in control, set up your preferences, provide an email address, and all future postings that match will be forwarded to you.
YOU decide if and how to respond.
The Marketing Writer & Editor is a storyteller who conceptualizes, writes and edits copy for a variety of marketing and branding projects for both print and on digital platforms in order to share key messages, increase brand awareness and elevate brand perception among target audiences. The Marketing Writer & Editor is also a subject matter expert on TCU’s brand voice and style, providing guidance and training to other members of the marketing team on how to write on-brand for the appropriate channel and audience.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Researches, writes and edits clear, compelling copy for a variety of projects that captures TCU’s brand voice and tone while taking into consideration target audience(s) and strategic objectives. Projects include print collateral, paid digital and social media ads, sponsored content, email marketing, video scripts and web copy. 2. Contributes to the creative development of campaigns by interpreting strategy and synthesizing complex information and concepts from various sources into compelling content. 3. Plays an active, collaborative role in developing and evolving the university’s brand voice and message framework, as expressed in the TCU Brand Guide. 4. Brainstorms and proposes new ideas for content to the Content Strategy Core Group. 5. Proofreads and fact checks marketing content, as assigned, to ensure all information is in line with AP Style and university style guidelines. 6. Consults with college marketing and communication coordinators to refine written content and help establish audience-appropriate, benefits-focused messaging. 7. Conducts regular trainings for the TCU Community on writing best practices and how to implement TCU’s brand voice and messaging platform. 8. Responsible for the upkeep of current and relevant marketing content for tcu.edu, including all marketing pages and the homepage. 9. Collaborates with the web team to ensure web content is search engine optimized. 10. Contributes to the content planning calendar in CoSchedule, working with the Content Strategy Core Group to ensure optimal content sharing and workflows. 11. Completes other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, public relations, English or a similar discipline. • A demonstrated portfolio of outstanding writing and/or content creation as proven by a comprehensive portfolio.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Higher education marketing and/or creative agency experience. • Three years’ experience as a writer, content marketer or in a related capacity
• Ability to translate strategy and objectives into copy that is meaningful and actionable. • Ability to understand TCU’s programs, target audiences and differentiators and distill it into a messaging framework. • Ability to write for diverse audiences and different types of media and formats. • Ability to develop long- and short-form copy, including headlines, email subject lines, etc. • Knowledge of AP Style guidelines. • Knowledge of content marketing and journalistic-style writing. • Ability to write for websites, adhering to SEO best practices. • Ability to collaborate effectively and work independently. • Ability to work within a project management platform to manage multiple high-demand projects at one time. • Proficient with Apple computers and with common office software (e.g., Microsoft Office, etc.). • Ability to learn new technologies and software. • Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. • Ability to identify and incorporate industry best pest practices and trends.
TCU Core Competencies:
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information. • Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication. • Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions. • Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting. • Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Must be able to travel across campus. • This role is an on-campus, in-person position. • Subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours. • There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job. • The noise level in this work environment is usually low.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
TCU is all about the experience. This is a place where students learn how to adapt to whatever the future might bring, develop critical thinking skills and expand their creativity. With a choice of rigorous academic programs in 130 undergraduate areas of study, 61 master’s level programs and 24 areas of doctoral study, Horned Frogs have opportunities to search for meaning and examine values, yet graduate well-prepared for professional accomplishment. Whether in the fine arts or business or engineering, Horned Frogs can develop their full creative potential here. For example, both MBA and undergraduate students at the Neeley School of Business benefit from an experience ranked at the top by Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report — not in spite of, but because of, the focus on the individual. At TCU, professors love being in the classroom. These mentoring teacher-scholars also conduct well-published, leading-edge research, often with undergraduates at their sides. Horned Frogs live, learn and play 24-7 in a 277-acre setting in a vibrant city. They work out in state-of-the-art recreation facilities, catch Big 12 NCAA athletic competition and participate in 200+ organizati...ons, all without leaving the campus. That’s when they’re not providing thousands of hours of volunteer service to their community, interning in New York or LA, practicing journalism in Washington, D.C., experiencing international business in China or perfecting Spanish in Seville. It’s how Horned Frogs are learning to change the world.
We are the leading voice for the news and magazine media industries. Our advocacy, research and events bring together todayâ€™s brightest minds to create the strategies and business models to help quality journalism thrive. Formerly the Newspaper Association of America.